Latest Early Development results for Loddon
The Australian Early Development Census (AEDC) is conducted every three years to assess the physical, social, emotional, language/cognitive and communication development of all children in Prep. The 2015 results were released in March. Here is a snapshot for the Loddon Area:
- In Bendigo, there was a significant improvement in the proportion of children ‘on track’ in the language/cognitive and communications domains between 2012 and 2015.
- More children in Central Goldfields are now demonstrating 'on track' emotional maturity than in 2012.
- In Macedon Ranges there have been improvements in each of the physical, social and communications domains.
The census also indicated some ongoing challenges:
- In Macedon Ranges, Campaspe, Central Goldfields and the City of Greater Bendigo there were more children developmentally vulnerable on the social competence and emotional maturity domains than on the language/cognitive or communications domains.
- In Mount Alexander Shire and Loddon Shire the stand-out challenges appear to be in the physical domain which assesses a child’s readiness for the school day, physical independence and fine motor skills.